Fixing the Unfixable:
A New Look at Separation Anxiety
Advances in technology, new ways of thinking about client compliance, and a structured approach to packaging sep anx services have made what once seemed nearly impossible—successful resolution of even severe separation anxiety cases—quite doable.
Join Gina Phairas of dogtec and Malena DeMartini-Price, a California-based San Francisco SPCA Academy grad with over 10 years' experience and several hundred successful separation anxiety cases under her belt, for the seminar. You’ll learn how tackle sep anx with confidence, help more dogs, and boost your income with this rare and lucrative training niche.
What You Will Learn
On the training side:
- The key components of successful sep anx case resolution.
- How to incorporate simple new technologies to make the work quicker and more accurate. (And don’t worry—you don’t have to be a techie.)
- How to set up training plans and create the proper environment for client compliance.
On the business side:
- How to price, package, and schedule separation anxiety to provide maximum support to the client and be properly compensated for all aspects of working these complex cases.
- Easy, inexpensive (even free) marketing strategies to take specific advantage of this rare training niche.
Malena DeMartini-Price, CTC, is the author of Treating Separation Anxiety in Dogs, published by Dogwise. She has over 10 years' experience and several hundred successful separation anxiety cases under her belt. Her use of simple technologies and a different approach to client support to treat sep anx has garnered widespread attention, leading to articles in the APDT's Chronicle of the Dog and numerous speaking invitations, including the 2014 APDT conference and travel later this year to speak at the Australian APDT conference. She is a San Francisco SPCA Academy for Dog Trainers graduate.